Saturday, September 17, 2011
Feeling Philosophical
So what's a blog without a dose of personal pontification? Our blog is entitled: "Learning Life's Lessons", so it's apropos, yes? I won't go too deep. But have you ever sensed that life has no meaning in the here and now? Solomon did too. Read the book of Ecclesiastes. There's nothing new under the sun. He was the wisest man/king of his time. Read the book of Proverbs. But he realized in all his wealth, glory, and wisdom, apart from God, all is meaningless. The truth is, when you have a relationship with Christ, your life DOES take on meaning. Sometimes in the here and now, it can become obvious, like when your 15-year-old son enjoys ministering to homeless people. But most definitely in the there and then. As a parent you put so much of your life into your kids. I am so thankful my parents planted seeds of eternity in my heart. I want to do the same for my kids. All is vanity...here on Earth. But Heaven is a glorious place. What a privilege to look forward to!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
Well it's been awhile. Sorry about that. Thanks to those of you who checked in with me personally (as you are wont to do when I am absen...
-
Before February comes to a close, I need to share some of the highlights. Mid-month I took a team down to Baja Mexico again. (Today, I am ...
-
new lights this year Well, I don't really know what happened to the months of October and November. Sorry about that. We did enjoy a q...
No comments:
Post a Comment