We made it to Guatemala City without incident. Customs and immigration went smoothly. Met team members, had dinner and now we are ready for bed. Heading to Santiago tomorrow morning. It's about a 3-4 hour drive.
I've been reading "One Thousand Gifts" by Ann Voscamp on this trip and finding so many truths about thankfulness there. More to come on that...
My roommate this year is Candice from Auburn. She is a pediatric oncology nurse, a wife and a stepmom.
I felt my brain switching over to Spanish at the airport terminal in Dallas. Hearing it over the airport intercom, hearing it in little side conversations between passengers. Such a weird sensation. Thankful that our brains are built to retain things like a foreign language. Thankful for God's grace. Thankful for new friends. Thankful for old friends. Thankful for this opportunity to travel and serve.
Praise God! I'm thankful for your heart to serve Jesus in Guatemala! Praying for you and the team there! Love, Jo PS-Looking forward to discussing that life-changing book with you! : ) As you know, God used it BIG time in my life!
ReplyDelete