Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Guatemala #35





I worked alone for much of the morning in the lab today. Sometimes without a translator. Somehow I am now the "expert" in this area. (What a strange notion...) Was privileged to fit this elderly woman with glasses. She is blind in the left eye, but we found something in the donations to help her see in the right eye and she was thrilled!! Later I spent time with the children. Held a baby while her younger sister had her nails painted. And these two little girls figured out how to take pictures with my phone. So I took a pic of them, and the little boys began to jump into the shots they were trying to take of us. Lots of laughter and screams of joy from kids today. Made my heart happy to see/hear this. Life is hard here. School is almost out for the year. They end in October. Coffee harvest is in November and December and they are expected to help. Then they are back to school in January.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts