I think the idea for getting a bike rack was birthed when we went camping last year. Several kids (and adults!) had bikes for riding around the campground. Over the years, we have crammed Keaton's bike into the back of the car when we've spent time at Ocean Shores with the Pattersons. It is just difficult to fit more than one bicycle back there. I looked around for some kind of bike rack for our car, but with the hatchback, it needed to be something on a trailer hitch. So last year, we purchased a trailer hitch and our friend Josh installed it.


Then, last week the boys installed the bike rack. They did it all by themselves. Figured out what tools were needed. Read the instructions. I was very impressed! (And glad, as I am easily frustrated with mechanical projects.) After the installation we loaded up their bikes and hit the trail. I just walked. My bike really needs a major overhaul. I have considered buying a new one. Maybe a birthday gift for myself? June 22 is only a few months away... When it's not raining, I just want us to do stuff together OUTSIDE. I like to walk and jog, but they really don't find that very exciting. Biking is fun for all of us.
No comments:
Post a Comment