Thursday, April 5, 2018

Other Indy Attractions

In Southern Indiana there are apparently a lot of underground caves.  We visited nearby Marengo Cave.  I've been to Carlsbad Caverns in New Mexico, which was a lot bigger.  But this was still pretty cool.  And as Derek says, "Okay, now the kids have all been to a cave.  We don't have to do this again." haha!





 

 



And on our way out of Indianapolis, we went to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway (and museum).  This was a thrill.  I have watched so much Nascar with my dad over the years.  And Keaton is a HUGE "Cars" fan, so he had a pretty good time checking out all the race cars.


Emily's favorite car (the pink one)

Keaton's fav
 

bus tour  - we actually drove ON THE TRACK!

 

Bricks signify start / finish line


Kissing the Bricks






 





this wall has photos of all the winners
I'd actually been to this museum before, about 25 years ago (?) so it was nostalgic in some ways.  To be able to share this place, and really this whole trip, with our friends was such a blessing.  I think we all had a fantastic time.  Maybe we could go to Washington D.C. next time?  Or Disneyworld?  Or Hawaii? (a girl can dream....)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts