Friday, May 31, 2019

Before May is Gone

This last week I heard a song that I wanted to share:

"Scars" by I am They



The chorus says - -

"So I'm thankful for the scars.  'Cause without them I wouldn't know your heart.  And I know they'll always tell of who you were.  So forever I am thankful for the scars."

The 2nd verse says - -

"Now I'm standing in confidence.  With the strength of your faithfulness.  And I'm not who I was before. No I don't have to fear anymore."

Okay, so after the week I've had, I wish I could say that I'm done with grief of losing my spouse.  After this many years, it's still very vivd, the loss.  I'm not sure it will ever fade to black.  But I'm SOOOO sure that God has made something good from the scars.  In me.  In my children.  In my friends. 

The bridge - -

"I can see.  I can see.  How you've delivered me. In your hands, in your feet, I've found my victory...."

Last night we had a worship "jam" night with the team.  Never experienced this type of gathering before.  And, to think of who I once was in this area of my life...it's just pretty amazing how God has brought me forward.  I haven't played violin with a group in many, many years, but last night I got it out and played.  Freely.  With group of people who have truly become my friends over the last several years.  The One whom we worship, knits our talents together splendidly for His glory.


 



 

A side note to this - - I asked Cole if I could borrow his iPad for the worship last night (there's an app with all the worship music on it) but he was rather reluctant.  So he offered me a deal.  I could use the iPad if I would promise to play Monopoly with him today.  Okay, I agreed.


6am today, he was in my bed with Monopoly.  As is often the case at that hour, I was reading my devotional and worshiping before the start of my day.  He was eager to play the game, of course, but he said, "Oh! You're doing your devotions.  I can respect that."


7am we were at the kitchen table playing Monopoly.  Listening to and watching a couple of eagles soaring around the neighborhood.  (Literally.)  The game was a challenging back and forth.  He was up.  Then I was.  He had Boardwalk & Park Place, but I ended up winning....after a 2.5 hr match up!  So good to spend time with him, just me and Cole, doing something he loves to do.

I am thankful for the scars, as I know it's brought me to the realization that my people are a gift from the Lord.  I should cherish the time spent with them.  And that even the cares of school, and work, and groceries, and house payments...none of that even matters in an eternal perspective.  The God of the Universe cares for me.  He has power over the waves of the ocean.  He knows what is best and has a brilliant plan of how to get me there.

Matthew 8:27 "And the men marveled saying, 'What sort of man is this, that even the winds and sea obey him?'"

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lisa~
    Some losses will always leave a void in our lives...a spot that only that loved one can fill. I am remined of the words of Jacob (now Israel) in Genesis 48:7 (which says in part)... Now as for me, when I came from Paddan, Rachel died,to my sorrow...

    Jacob still had sorrow for Rachel in his heart, several decades after she died.

    And that's ok. The Holy Spirit comforts us in these losses, but at the same time, I believe He wants us to always cherish those love relationships that He has given us here on earth.

    Thankful for the scars. Easy to sing, harder to live... but truth for the follower of Jesus:-)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts