Thursday, July 4, 2019

Military Aircraft

One Saturday last month we toured a local air museum.  There was actually a fly-in with some pretty cool military aircraft flown by a well-known pilot family.  One of the guys was once an Apollo 8 astronaut - - William Anders - - and he founded the museum. They flew in a missing man formation (see video below).  It was really exciting being that close.  Even though this field trip was technically last month, I thought it was appropriate to post pictures on this July 4th, as these aircraft (and the ones flying around our skies locally day in and day out) represent the freedoms that our country has enjoyed for a couple of centuries.  Though I love planes, the makes and models are not something I have committed to memory.  This would have been a cool thing to bring my ex-Air Force father to.  He would have been able to identify most, if not all of the aircraft.  Nevertheless, I am thankful for those military families who protect us and fight for freedom around the world.

 



(Video below)





Another aspect of this museum day was a talk presented by a female aviator that fought in Iraq/Afghanistan and currently lives in our area.  She was very inspirational.  Letting the young ladies in the audience, as well as the young men, know that with hard work you can achieve much.  But even she realizes there are times when working hard is not enough.  She did not mention God, but she did confess that when a comrade she was supposed to be protecting died (her unit would assist when combat units got in trouble and needed extraction) she felt helpless.  She would say a little prayer and apologize to them, while standing at attention during their funeral procession on base, saying she was so sorry she could not keep them safe.

What I know is that I am NOT in control of much.  And I'm finally okay with that.  There are scary things in this life.  Financial crises.  Death of a child or a spouse.  Divorce.  Even public speaking.  But we serve a God who loves us perfectly and casts out all fear.  In accepting the Salvation He offers, we are free!  I feel such glee that I can drop those chains and be free of all fear.

Revelation 21:4-5 "And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts