![]() |
| Desserts |
The idea was birthed on our flight down to San Diego (heading to Mexico) - - without fail, when we are home for holiday celebrations, we are graciously invited to someone's home. And while that is always fun and we are super grateful for friends that we can spend time with, I got to wondering about others who do NOT have people inviting them in. My friend Malinda and I began to dream of inviting shut-ins and military families and single people that might come to a gathering if we had a bigger location. So I just asked our church if we could use the facility. Voila! Our 1st annual LYN Thanksgiving Dinner actually happened!! There was already talk of doing the same thing again next year.
![]() |
| table decor courtesy of the Gates family & many helpers |
We had 4 turkeys, one ham and a bounty of sides. I roasted a turkey - probably the 3rd one I've EVER made. (Tip from my stepmom, Sharon Cook-- use a poultry bag. It's a clear plastic sack that the turkey cooks in and it keeps everything amazingly moist!) I also made some "Pink Stuff", my Texas grandmother's recipe, which some of these Northwestern friends have come to love.
This event could not have happened without the team of really hard workers from our teens up through the older crowd. I was so blessed to share this Thanksgiving with friends and "family"...the family of Christ. Can't wait for next year!
Psalm 136:1 "Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good. His love endures forever."













No comments:
Post a Comment