Sunday, March 31, 2024

Good Books for March

As mentioned previously, I've been reading a lot. Here's some good ones:

All 5 of Marcus Ryker series from Joel Rosenberg. I really enjoy this author. According to Wikipedia he is a Messianic Jew. This personal background informs his content for sure. To me, his writing is smart, relevant and action-packed. Seems like everything I read has sort of a prophetic bent. Like he's writing about things that haven't yet transpired and then something very similar DOES happen down the road. I liked this entire series. Kremlin Conspiracy, Persian Gamble, Jerusalem Assassin, Beirut Protocol and Libyan Diversion. If you're familiar with Rosenberg and know of similar authors, I would LOVE recommendations for new books.


Also, just finished a couple of great books by Charles Martin. He is a new author to me. And so far I've liked both things I've read. It's like a story within a story. You don't find out the kicker until the end. I finished both of these really quickly, but only because I did not want to put them down! I'm going to look for more of Martin's stuff at the library.

Chasing Fireflies - young boy, mute, found at site of a train wreck, interviewed(very creatively, since the boy doesn't talk) by newspaper writer who has a similar foster care background


The Mountain Between Us - orthopedic surgeon and magazine writer team up to take a charter flight from Utah just as a storm blows in, plane crashes, harrowing story of survival; So.Much.Suspense.


Also started a new Bible study, Me Myself and Lies by Jennifer Rothschild. The study group is at church with a group of about 10-12 ladies. Of that, I only know the group leader. So this is a chance to learn the names of 10 new people...haha!...and hopefully work on that community aspect of being part of a local church body. We are trying, but it has still been slow-going making new friends. If I over-analyze this, I generally come to the conclusion that we are here in Texas to get to know our family better and that's all right with me. Spending time with my dad and my brothers really does feel good and right.


Lately I have not been sleeping well. So I read. And it throws off my morning routine. And that messes up my Bible study time. But I'm trying to get back on track. Trying to give myself grace to do what I can and leave the rest to the Lord.

Psalm 121
1 I lift up my eyes to the mountains—
    where does my help come from?
2 My help comes from the Lord,
    the Maker of heaven and earth.

3 He will not let your foot slip—
    he who watches over you will not slumber;
4 indeed, he who watches over Israel
    will neither slumber nor sleep.

5 The Lord watches over you—
    the Lord is your shade at your right hand;
6 the sun will not harm you by day,
    nor the moon by night.

7 The Lord will keep you from all harm—
    he will watch over your life;
8 the Lord will watch over your coming and going
    both now and forevermore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts