Here's a glimpse into our life this week. Eric made a pie....
Keaton and Cole played cars and when it warmed up a bit, Keaton blew bubbles on the deck...
On Saturday, Keaton got a hankering to go swimming. It was 40 degrees at the time, and cloudy. Julia and Mom tried desperately to disuade him. No such luck. The moment he walked outside with only his swimtrunks on, he turned around and said to me (shivering), "Mom, do you want a jacket?" In Keatonese, that means, "You were right, Mom, it's cold out here!"
Cole got in on the action too...briefly.
So, what about the lessons learned? (Besides how ridiculous it is to go swimming in the lake when it's 40 degrees out?) Our preacher has been giving messages from the book of Job.
While I still hold to my promise to keep this blog positive, I must say that we can relate to Job somewhat in this season of our lives. What I specifically picked up today was the truth that needs to be burned onto my heart -- to live is Christ, to die is gain. We have a job to do on this earth, and that is to glorify God so that others might be saved. Being perpetually bummed out about one (petty) thing or another is really not productive.
CLICK HERE FOR link to our preacher's sermons.
It's so easy for me to get bogged down in the minutia of day-to-day living. Taking stock of the blessings we have has been a great experiment. We are raising kids. It's time-consuming. Well, it's all-consuming. It takes all the energy you have. My parents know it. But they neglected to tell me about it. I guess that means (kind of like childbirth and labor) that despite all the hardships, parenting is worth it. You forget about all that turmoil and angst, at least once you have grandkids. Of course, I'm betting our parents are still concerned for us and praying for us just like they always have. If we haven't said it lately, THANKS!
This coming week, I will TRY to get pictures of the teenagers. They are quite elusive when I pull out the camera.
No comments:
Post a Comment