My next trip to Guatemala is coming up quickly. In case you hadn't heard, the first week of October I am heading back down for a medical mission trip. Lots of prayer for open hearts, open doors, easy logistics, etc. Some members of last year's team are joining again, but there are lots of new people to meet. Very exciting! As the preparations are beginning, multiple emails arrive in my in-box from team leaders every few days. This makes it hard to focus on my mundane day-to-day accounting world. Looking forward to travelling, serving, and feeling renewed in faith and fellowship with the Lord.
Monday Cole and I went to the Dollar Store and stocked up. Last month, someone gave me a cash donation to buy supplies. There are some things we can just buy cheaper here in the States. The team leaders sent out a long list of over-the-counter meds we can bring with us: Adult Multivitamins, Tums, Desitin, Hydracortisone, Loratadine, Neosporin. The expiration has to be at least a full year after we leave (so after Nov 2017).
But we also needs flip flops from kids size to about women's size 8. And reading glasses. Toothpaste. Toothbrushes. Lotions.
Now that more people are aware I'm going, they ask me exactly when: October 1-8. I really appreciate the prayer covering and support. Thanks for praying for me and my family. For the team. For the lost in Guatemala. I pray that our physical aid, medical and hygiene supplies, lead us to opportunities to share the Gospel directly.


No comments:
Post a Comment