First things first. UPDATE on the BIG ASK. We have Keaton's first semester at Lipscomb covered. Whew! Now I'm trying to sort out the technical pieces of withdrawal from 529 plan to pay the school. I have until August 1st to figure that out. For the Spring, we lack only $9,000. How amazing is that!!! Here's the link again if you want to pray and consider a gift: CLICK LINK TO the 529 WEBSITE. We are also in the process of applying for another scholarship. Thank you SO much to all the folks that have helped us out with this. Only the Lord could work this out. Truly. Now Keaton is working to gather dorm room supplies and decide what to pack up. He turned in his resignation letter for Texas Roadhouse effective August 3rd. But they already asked if he would be able to work during school breaks. (He has been told he is "top-notch at quality control" in the dish pit!) We leave for move-in day on August 10th. Please continue to pray for us.
Secondly, it's been a summer of travel. Here we are mid-July and I finally feel like I'm back into a rhythm and routine again at home & work. We'll be here in Texas a few more weeks before our next trip. Stay tuned for more on that....
After a couple of days of sweating profusely, filling a dumpster, and multiple trips to give away things at the thrift store, we all convened at the coast at our favorite beach hangout for some R&R.
![]() |
| Cayucos Pier |
![]() |
| Morro Rock |
I absolutely love the Pacific Ocean. I'm sure I've said this before in this space, but I can feel my blood pressure going down any time we are here. Eric's sister told me through tears that is is hard to come back to this place because she has so many memories of Eric here. It still seems like he should be here with us. I concur. But this trip, the Lord blessed me in so many ways with a sense of belonging and deep joy, that I will cherish it forever. We spent one day at Hazard Beach in Montana de Oro state park, also a fav among the Neufeld clan. Keaton has been here before as a child. I'd say he was probably five or six. But being able to experience it with his uncles and aunts was new and different and very memorable.
| Cole and I love Brown Butter Cookie Co! |
At the last minute, David decided to rent a boat in Morro Bay. To Cindy's surprise, he was the boat captain! We got a close up view of the sea lions and Morro Rock from the water. But we made it back to the harbor in time for a Mexican Fiesta with the fam.
The only couple I didn't get photos of were Jonathan and Terri. I'm not sure why that is, but I am very thankful to them for basically organizing this work party and reunion. Over the past several years, each of the children and grandchildren have left California. And though all of us have moved far away, thanks to Terri's contract job placements in the Bay Area, she and Jon have been on regular visits to care for Mom & Dad (Grandma & Grandpa) and help them gracefully make this transition to assisted living.
This is only part one of our California adventure. We had another adventure coming home!



I love that family is such an integral part of your days and that moving forward doesn’t mean forgetting or leaving behind the important people that surround you. And I love the Irish prayer.
ReplyDeleteBlessings to you and your family!