Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Summer2026 Trip#3B Grand Canyon


On my 55th birthday Keaton and I explored the Grand Canyon. We got there just after sunrise (which was challenging given we were both weary from the long drive from the California Coast the day before.) The early morning start gave us several hours to walk the southern rim of the canyon and take a million photos. The vastness of this landscape is just hard to describe in words or pictures. But here are a few pics from that memorable day. Honestly, if you get a chance, go and see it for yourself. The average person can hit the highlights in one day. There is a free bus system that takes you along the rim with various stops and pickups. Keaton and I did take the bus partway, but we also walked a lot of steps because we like the stillness of the spots with less crowds. Saw lots of VERY tame squirrels, birds, some deer. Just like Cole and I were able to explore DC and make great memories in May, being with Keaton at the Grand Canyon made for a very precious time for mother and son. 














Psalm 121:1-2 "I lift my eyes to the mountains - where does my help come from? My help comes form the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts