Musically, my little brother calls it a ~ Solid Jam ~. Here are the lyrics to the Chorus:
"If you've got pain --
He's a Pain-Taker.
If you feel lost --
He's a Way-Maker.
If you need freedom, or saving--
He's a prison-shaking Savior.
If you've got chains--
He's a Chain-Breaker."
I LOVE the lyric, if you need freedom or saving, he's a prison-shaking Savior. In my reflective moments over the past few months I am seeing strongholds in my life that I did not really understand or realize were there. Satan had a hold of me in these areas, but I'm telling you, only Jesus has made a way out. He is a chain breaker.
Over the last few weeks I've also been reading a historical fiction series called A.D. Chronicles by Bodie & Brock Thoene. I found them in my church's library. They are set in 1st century, during time of Christ. Very interesting and exciting. It is bringing some of the old, familiar stories of the gospels and of the old testament to life for me again. Of course, it's not THE BIBLE. But they are well-crafted works of fiction. And they ring pretty true in describing the Jewish tradition, from what I have studied, read, and experienced first-hand in my short time in Israel.
The 1st book in the series is called "First Light" and weaves together several character threads and culminates in a familiar miracle performed by Jesus. When it finally reached the climax of the miracle, I was just overwhelmed with tears of joy. Oh to be there when Jesus actually walked the earth! And yet, there were some who still did not believe. Now I know, even without seeing Him face-to-face, that He has worked miracles for me. How I get by every day with the pain and loss is a miracle to me. It is deep hurt to lose a spouse, or a parent, or deal with cancer, or divorce, or any number of pains and destruction that sin left us to deal with here on earth. I know for me, I could not do it with Jesus. He is a chain breaker....somebody testify....
![]() |
| My friend Steve gave me permission to share this photo. Perfect! |


Amen!
ReplyDelete